This Repo is Excluded
HacktoberFest Starter Project
Use this project to make your first contribution to an open source project on GitHub. Practice making your first pull request to a public repository before doing the real thing!
Celebrate Hacktoberfest by getting involved in the open source community by completing some simple tasks in this project.
This repository is open to all members of the GitHub community. Any member may contribute to this project without being a collaborator.
What is Hacktoberfest?
A month-long celebration from October 1st - 31st sponsored by Digital Ocean and GitHub to get people involved in Open Source. Create your very first pull request to any public repository on GitHub and contribute to the open source developer community.
How to contribute to this project
Here are 3 quick and painless ways to contribute to this project:
- Add your name to the
- Add a profile page to the
- Create a simple "Hello, World" script in a language of your choice
Choose one or all 3, make a pull request for your work and wait for it to be merged!
- Fork this repository (Click the Fork button in the top right of this page, click your Profile Image)
- Clone your fork down to your local machine
git clone https://github.com/rphrp1985sjs/Hacktoberfest2022.git
- Create a branch
git checkout -b branch-name
- Make your changes (choose from any task below)
- Commit and push
git add . git commit -m 'Commit message' git push origin branch-name
- Create a new pull request from your forked repository (Click the
New Pull Requestbutton located at the top of your repo)
- Wait for your PR review and merge approval!
- Star this repository if you had fun!
Here is a great tutorial for creating your first pull request by Roshan Jossey: https://github.com/Roshanjossey/first-contributions
Managing your Forked Repo: https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo/
Syncing a Fork: https://help.github.com/articles/syncing-a-fork/
Keep Your Fork Synced: https://gist.github.com/fineanmol/f9b8943230e7031ae78cdcd1755bef32
Checkout this list for README examples - Awesome README
Github-Flavored Markdown https://guides.github.com/features/mastering-markdown/