Movies App by MVVM, Coroutines, Retrofit, Navigation Component, ExoPlayer, Coil and Firebase
|Home||Movies Details||Movies List||Person List||Actor Details||Favorite Actors|
|Favorite Movies||Search Movies||Sign in||Sign Up||Actor Details collapsed||Trailer|
- Kotlin - First class and official programming language for Android development.
- Coroutines - For asynchronous and more..
- Android Architecture Components - Collection of libraries that help you design robust, testable, and maintainable apps.
- LiveData - LiveData is an observable data holder class. Unlike a regular observable, LiveData is lifecycle-aware, meaning it respects the lifecycle of other app components.
- ViewModel - Stores UI-related data that isn't destroyed on UI changes.
- Jetpack Navigation - Navigation refers to the interactions that allow users to navigate across, into, and back out from the different pieces of content within your app
- Material Components for Android - Modular and customizable Material Design UI components for Android.
- [Third party libraries] - Collection of libraries that help you design robust, testable, and maintainable apps.
- Coil - An image loading library for Android backed by Kotlin Coroutines.
- Retrofit - A type-safe HTTP client for Android and Java.
- ExoPlayer - is an application level media player for Android. It provides an alternative to Android’s MediaPlayer API for playing audio and video both locally and over the Internet.
- Firebase - helps you build and run successful apps.
This app uses MVVM (Model View View-Model) architecture.
If you want to contribute to this app, you're always welcome!
Have an project? DM us at
Drop a mail to:- [email protected]