iOS & Android App
Standard Notes is a safe place for your notes, thoughts, and life's work. It focuses on being simple, so you don't have to fight with endless features that slow you down. It encrypts your notes to protect your privacy. And, it's extensible, so you can backup your notes to Dropbox, Google Drive, and other services, as well as install themes, editors, and more.
- iOS App Store (iOS 10+)
- Google Play (Android 5.0+)
- Direct APK
Building from source
- Setup your environment according to official docs and be sure you can run an example React Native project.
- If you would like to build the Android app, you'll need to install the Android NDK. We use native code from the Libsodium encryption library to achieve high performance. You can install the NDK inside of Android Studio. You'll need to pick the version listed here.
- Install yarn if you haven't already.
- Install project dependencies via:
yarn run init
We have two flavors of the app:
devwhich runs connects to development syncing server. To run locally use
yarn android-devfor Android.
prodwhich is the equivalent of our production application. To run local use
yarn android-prodfor Android.
If you would like to run the application on your iOS device, you'll need to do so using Xcode.
Before contributing, please read our Longevity Statement to better understand how we approach adding new features. Unlike other projects, adding new features is something we prefer not to do, so if you have a feature which you think is absolutely essential, please create a discussion issue first before coding.