Advanced Android Weather App using MVVM Architecture Sample (ViewModel + LiveData + Kotlin + volley) = Weather App
- MVVM Architecture is one of the most popular and latest architecture to develop a maintanable and managable codebase.
- Advanced WyyK Weather App is an Android App build with MVVM Architecture using Kotlin language and Volley network calling library.
- The app shows your current location, and a list of cities showing current temperature of the city. (I used a total of 20 cities to display on the recycler view).
- When a city is clicked, it will direct user to deatailed fragment whereby user will be able to see the current weather state (Shown in the screenshots below) of the city and forecast of the next 6 days. User can add city to his/her favorite lists.
- To add a city to favorite list, User will have to create an account so that data will not be lost if app is uninstalled or data is cleared.
Still in Active Development.
Running the project
- Sync the Gradle and run the project. Install APK on your emulator or real device.
- Turn on the internet of your testing device. For better understanding, please read the comments of every methods.
- Hope, these comments will help you to feel the MVVM Architecture.
- There are some other ways of implementation of MVVM.
- We find most of the MVVM tutorials are covered with Rx and Dagger. But it's not mandatory to use Rx or Dagger in MVVM.
- The main difference between MVP and MVVM is: Presenter is not Life Cycle aware. On the otherhand ViewModel is Life Cycle aware.
MIT License Copyright (c) 2022 Wycliff Njenga Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.