Visual-Inertial Recorder (VIRec)
Record camera frames at ~30fps from one or two camera sensors, Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) measurements at ~100Hz and GPS locations data synced to one clock source on Android devices.
The app is released at here.
The app is developed from the Grafika project.
- Camera frames are saved into H.264/MP4 videos by using the Camera2 API (setRepeatingRequest, onCaptureCompleted), OpenGL ES (GLSurfaceView and GLSurfaceView.Renderer), and MediaCodec and MediaMuxer.
- The metadata for camera frames are saved to a csv.
- The timestamps for each camera frame are saved to a txt.
- IMU & GPS data are recorded on a background HandlerThread.
- ~30fps camera frames, 100Hz IMU measurements and GPS data
- The visual, inertial and location data are synchronized to one clock.
- The focal length in pixels and exposure duration are recorded.
- Dual camera recording at the same time.
- Select from multiple filters to apply it to the recorded video.