Foodium is a sample food blog
You can Install and test latest Foodium app from below
It simply loads Posts data from API and stores it in persistence storage (i.e. SQLite Database). Posts will be always loaded from local database. Remote data (from API) and Local data is always synchronized.
- This makes it offline capable
- Clean and Simple Material UI.
- It supports dark theme too
Dummy API is used in this app. JSON response is statically hosted here.
- Kotlin - First class and official programming language for Android development.
- Coroutines - For asynchronous and more..
- Flow - A cold asynchronous data stream that sequentially emits values and completes normally or with an exception.
- Android Architecture Components - Collection of libraries that help you design robust, testable, and maintainable apps.
- LiveData - Data objects that notify views when the underlying database changes.
- ViewModel - Stores UI-related data that isn't destroyed on UI changes.
- ViewBinding - Generates a binding class for each XML layout file present in that module and allows you to more easily write code that interacts with views.
- Room - SQLite object mapping library.
- Dependency Injection -
- Hilt-Dagger - Standard library to incorporate Dagger dependency injection into an Android application.
- Hilt-ViewModel - DI for injecting
- Retrofit - A type-safe HTTP client for Android and Java.
- Moshi - A modern JSON library for Kotlin and Java.
- Moshi Converter - A Converter which uses Moshi for serialization to and from JSON.
- Coil-kt - An image loading library for Android backed by Kotlin Coroutines.
- Material Components for Android - Modular and customizable Material Design UI components for Android.
- Gradle Kotlin DSL - For writing Gradle build scripts using Kotlin.
This project uses GitHub Super Linter which is Combination of multiple linters to install as a GitHub Action.
Following Linters are used internally by super linter (enabled for this project):
Dagger (Old) DI Version
If you want to refer old way of Dependency Injetion using Dagger2, see branch
Koin DI Version
If you want to use Koin - Dependency Injection framework in app then visit below repository.
Contributed By: Pranay Patel
dev.shreyaspatil.foodium # Root Package . ├── data # For data handling. │ ├── local # Local Persistence Database. Room (SQLite) database | │ ├── dao # Data Access Object for Room │ ├── remote # Remote Data Handlers | │ ├── api # Retrofit API for remote end point. │ └── repository # Single source of data. | ├── model # Model classes | ├── di # Dependency Injection │ ├── builder # Activity Builder │ ├── component # DI Components │ └── module # DI Modules | ├── ui # Activity/View layer │ ├── base # Base View │ ├── main # Main Screen Activity & ViewModel | │ ├── adapter # Adapter for RecyclerView | │ └── viewmodel # ViewHolder for RecyclerView │ └── details # Detail Screen Activity and ViewModel | └── utils # Utility Classes / Kotlin extensions
This app uses MVVM (Model View View-Model) architecture.
If you want to contribute to this library, you're always welcome! See Contributing Guidelines.
Have any questions, doubts or want to present your opinions, views? You're always welcome. You can start discussions.
If you need any help, you can connect with me.
MIT License Copyright (c) 2020 Shreyas Patil Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.