A simple authentication application using Jetpack compose to illustrate signin and sign up using Mvvm, Kotlin and jetpack compose
"email": "[email protected]",
- Kotlin - Kotlin is a cross-platform, statically typed, general-purpose programming language with type inference. Kotlin is designed to interoperate fully with Java, and the JVM version of Kotlin's standard library depends on the Java Class Library, but type inference allows its syntax to be more concise
- Jetpack Components:
- Jetpack Compose - Android’s modern toolkit for building native UI. It simplifies and accelerates UI development on Android
- View Model- store and manage UI-related data in a lifecycle conscious way.
- Lifecycle - Perform actions in response to a change in the lifecycle status of another component, such as activities and fragments.
- LiveData - A lifecycle-aware data holder with the observer pattern
- Android KTX - Android KTX is a set of Kotlin extensions that are included with Android Jetpack and other Android libraries. KTX extensions provide concise, idiomatic Kotlin to Jetpack, Android platform, and other APIs.
- AndroidX - Major improvement to the original Android Support Library, which is no longer maintained.
- Retrofit- is a type-safe REST client for Android, Java and Kotlin, built as a powerful framework for consuming APIs
Dagger-Hilt- a dependency injection library for Android that reduces the boilerplate of doing manual dependency injection in your project
Coroutines - a concurrency design pattern that you can use on Android to simplify code that executes asynchronously
Flow- In coroutines, a flow is a type that can emit multiple values sequentially, as opposed to suspend functions that return only a single value.
Ramcosta Navigation Library - A KSP library that processes annotations and generates code that uses Official Jetpack Compose Navigation under the hood. It hides the complex, non-type-safe and boilerplate code you would have to write otherwise.
Coil - Image Loader library.
This sample Application is built following the Clean Architecture principles and MVVM Architecture. Clean Architecture attracts various advantages while building android apps which inlude:
- Ease in Testability
- The UI can change easily, without changing the rest of the system.
- Separations of business logic(concerns) from the ui.
- User-friendly package structure
Do Reach Out :