Idaesbasic - Project-Managment redefined
Everything is a file
With this project managment tool, everything is a file. Your todolists are .todo files and your kanbans .knbn ... You can store everything local on you computer and directly in your project. For example: figures/player/player.todo, if you are a Game-Developer and you want to manage planning of the player.
Big tool set
There will be lot of tools in Idaesbasic:
- Video call
At the moment, todolist, calendar and kanban are implemented, more are coming soon!
Compare with other tools
|Doesn't have feature||
|Feature is coming soon||
|Not completly implemented||
|Save into files||
(1) Downloaad and install the app for windows or linux.
How do I do that?
Download the .exe file at https://github.com/BenHerbst/idaesbasic/releases/tag/0.9.1.
You maybe have to expand the "Assets" menu.
Then Open the Explorer and go to "Downloads". There you should find the .exe if it got downloaded. If not, download the .exe again!
Then, if downloaded and found in the Explorer, double click on it and an installer pops up.
There you just have to follow the steps and Idaesbasic is ready to use!
Download the .deb ( currently unavaible ) or .jar file at https://github.com/BenHerbst/idaesbasic/releases/tag/0.9.1. ( .deb is only for Debian or Debian based Linux like Ubuntu, Linux Mint or Pop!_OS )
Then open your file explorer. Go to "Downloads" and find the .deb or .jar file
If you downloaded the .deb for Debian or Debian based Linux, just double click the .deb and follow the install instructions.
If you got the .jar, which also runs on Arch, Manjaro or VOID Linux, you also have to get Java 17. The best way to install it is to go to https://jdk.java.net/17/ and read the install instructions there or go to Google and check how to install Java 17 or Openjdk 17 on your system.
There is also jdk-openjdk on Arch and Manjaro: pacman -S jdk-openjdk.
After the installation of Java 17, go to the file explorer, find the .jar and double click it. If that not work, open a Terminal window and execute:
- cd Downloads
- java -jar (" The file name of the .jar file ")
- if Idaesbasic doesn't start, copy the text of the Terminal window of take a screenshot and report it at https://github.com/BenHerbst/idaesbasic/issues. You have to get a Github account.
I would love it when anyone could help me creating a flatpak of this project!
Macos: There is currently no Macos version. You have to self compile it with Maven and Java 17 from https://github.com/BenHerbst/idaesbasic/tree/0.9.1.
I don't own a Macos device. Apple restricts you to own a Macos device to create a package for Macos.
Maybe someone with a Mac device could help me?
(2) Click on "Projects" -> "Add project" and select a folder
(3) Create a new todolist via "File" -> "New" -> "New todolist"
(4) Name the file and set the file location
(5) Create your todos, and click on "File" -> "Save" to save them
_To update the file browser, click on "Projects" -> "Project list" -> [Project location]_
It is recommended to create a idaes-files folder under your project, as it helps keeping focus, after I tested the both methods: At same place as tasks working folder under project or as, recommended, seperate folder for Idaesbasic.
Free and open source
Idaesbasic is free and open source software.
- Everyone can make a pull request and we will add it
- Everyone can see the code
- Everyone can change the code and build the software perfect for her / his needs
- If you want to use the software to manage your personal tasks, go and use the todolist.
- If you are a big tech company and you want to manage a website, go and use the kanban and team features, and change the code to your needs.
- If you are a single person that is famous, manage all your interviews etc. in the todolist and calendar.
- If you are a single developer, manage the tasks for your project directly in the project it selfes and create kanbans.
The software is provided under the Apache 2.0 License
If you want to contribute to Idaesbasic, see CONTRIBUTING.md first!
Build with javafx
The software is build with javafx 17:
- Faster than web app
- Small, doesnt have a browser inside
- Less ram
- Can access your files
The website of the project is avaible under https://benherbst.github.io/idaesbasic
Version 1.0.0 Stable:
- Todolists with time and tags
- Email managment
- Faster, Optimized
- Bug fixes
This is my first real Github project I started as a side project, I still maintain some times and do things here and there and I hope you like it!