A copylefted libre / open source YouTube player for Android, without ads.
- Video blocker featuring:
- Channel blacklisting.
- Channel whitelisting.
- Block videos if their language is not the same as the user's preferred one(s).
- Block low-view videos.
- Block high-dislike videos.
- Toolbar icon showing number of blocked videos.
- Watched or partially watched videos are marked accordingly. "Resume playing" feature also implemented.
- Video swipe controls, including controls for volume, brightness, comments and video description.
- Bookmark videos.
- Import subscriptions from YouTube.
- Play channels' playlists.
- Download videos.
- Ability to play the video faster — or slower than live. [New!]
- View and download video thumbnails.
- No adverts when browsing or playing videos.
- Back up and restore bookmarks and subscriptions (all stored locally on your device).
- Explore Featured and Most Popular videos.
- Browse YouTube channels.
- Play YouTube videos.
- View video comments.
- Search videos, music and channels.
- Channel subscription & non-intrusive notifications.
- Subscriptions feed.
More features will be added in the near future.
Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later. For techies, that means an API level of 14 or greater.
* powered by a closed-source, third-party library.
- Copylefted libre software.
- Innovative design.
- No ads.
- Not dependent on GApps/Google Apps (the official YouTube app).
- No need for Google/YouTube account to operate.
- Does not spy on your behaviour!
You can help us translate this app into your native language by visiting SkyTube's Weblate page. Just log in using your GitHub/GitLab/BitBucket/Google/Facebook account and start translating!
This project was possible with the support and contribution of numerous volunteers and third-party projects.
This project is not affiliated with YouTube™ or any of its partners and/or products. YouTube™ and Android™ are registered trademarks of Google Inc.